POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Regarding Camera Cleanup : Re: Regarding Camera Cleanup Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Regarding Camera Cleanup
From: Rune
Date: 1 Jan 2002 11:21:38
Message: <3c31e212@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
>   For example: An include file may set a camera
> given some parameters (say, an include by Colefax).
> However, this include doesn't support everything a
> camera could support (eg. normal perturbation of the
> camera rays).

Or focal blur.

> Fortunately this doesn't matter, as I can call the
> include file, which sets the camera, and I can
> afterwards add the extra stuff to the camera, and
> everything works just great.

Exactly. :)

I recently discussed this exact thing with someone (I don't remember who)
while creating the screen.inc include file.

>   This is incredibly versatile and useful. Disallowing
> this property would certainly deprive povray of a great
> feature.

I don't think it will be disallowed. Only things where it's important that
it's specified a specific place in the order of parameters.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)